People keep asking for the “recipe”. I’ve been making this for decades, way before Bustelo and Starbucks started selling it. Here goes:
- Make the Cuban coffee as usual. I typically use a 3-cup “cafetera”.
- Pour into large glass while the coffee is still hot.
- Add sugar or sweetener to taste and mix while coffee is still hot. I usually use one packet of fake sweetener.
- Add milk. I use skim milk. Leche descremada, or “descreaming mik” as Tany says.
- Add ice.
- Blend. I usually skip this step, but technically a “batido” is like a milk shake.